Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Liver Detox

It's time.

I know I've been saying that for a long time, but I mean it this time.

No, seriously.

There's no better time than now, especially this coming month. I'll be living with my parents (no shame!) continuing the job hunt process throughout the month of September. Why not do it there, in the comfort of home?

Maybe I'm being dramatic and exaggerating when I call it a "liver detox," but that's essentially what it is. I wake up almost daily with MOH, and I'm sure clearing out my liver will help get that under control. However, I have no plans of doing one of those liver "cleanses" that are advertised. Those seem dangerous, ineffective, and unnecessary.

I've fought the battle with MOH in other times of my life. Last time, I went cold turkey from all meds and caffeine for a few days and was pretty sick for a while, but was ultimately successful. I'm hoping weaning with lots of fluids and healthy foods will be a little easier, though I'm sure it will still be difficult.

Have you ever done a "cleanse" or "detox" in an attempt to rid pain from your life?


1 comment:

  1. Have you tried meditation? It might help your headaches. And by help, I mean relieve, not assist.

    ReplyDelete